These are my (Hair) Confessions!
OK, so I was just on another hair forum I frequent, LHCF, and I read a thread listing hair confessions that we hair-obsessed ladies are not too proud of!
Move over, Usher, these are my confessions!
1) I got bored of my hair, so I put in kinky twists and called it a challenge between Nov 2010 and April 2011. Who was I kidding? I couldn't be bothered to take the things down more than once a month or every 6 weeks!
2) I only recently got back to sealing my hair with oils this week. For most of the year, I have just sprayed my watery moisturizer on, put on a scarf and bonnet and gone to bed!
3) I haven't DC'd more than once every 3-6 weeks in this year!
Forgive me but I just can't make myself! Call it depression, stress, boredom with the status quo...I can't do it! So I DC'd 3 weeks ago in between threaded hairstyles. Instead, I Moisturize twice daily with a spray bottle of water, Aloe vera juice and Infusium 23! *kanye shrug*
4) OK, this feels like a sin.....I haven't been taking my hair pills daily. In 2009 and most of 2010, I used to open each pill box daily and pop them like an addict! Now, I have a dossette box (so the whole week is laid out) and still just forget to take them! Lord, help me!
I haven't even used my sulphur mix at all in April!
5) Finally, I have become more active in the last month! Running/jogging at least 4 times a week and planning on doing a 10k and half-marathon (fingers and toes crossed) this year! You would think I'd wash my hair more often, right? Yeah right! See above with the DC comment! In kinky twist, I would co-wash once in a while! I may even do an Apple cider vinegar rinse in twists. Now, I just keep it moving (KIM)!
I know I will do a thorough job with baking soda and conditioner next wash, so I let it be!
Do you know the funniest part of the last confession. I rationalise that the increased physical activity will help give me a growth spurt anyway! lol!
What are your hair confessions? Don't be shy!
Hi, I'm Lola!
A self-confessed hair addict! On here, I share my hair journey and my inspiration.
I' m more than my hair though: I will also share food and body product recipes that I love!
Ps: you'll also find the occasional product review thrown in!
Email me at email@example.com
Pictures: I do not own the copyright to all the pictures. Hence, I will credit the source.