Recipe | Jolly Jammers!
So it's the New Year and here we are with another recipe!!!
Jammy Dodgers, Jolly Jammers, whatever you call them, they are yummy! Time for you to make something at home that you'd probably bought as a child in the shops. And it's so easy! (I WOULD say that!)
100g Unsalted Butter, softened
100g Caster sugar
200g Plain flour plus extra for dusting
1/4 Cream of Tartar
110g Icing sugar, sifted
30g Unsalted Butter, softened
10ml Whole Milk
Couple drops of Vanilla Extract
25-30g of smooth strawberry Jam
Equipment: 3 1/2cm (1 1/12in) round, fluted cookie cutter, 1cm (1/2in) piping nozzle, 2 piping bags
1) Preheat the oven to 170oC/ Fan 150oC/ 325oF, Gas Mark 3 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2) Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well.
3) In a small bowl, sift the flour and cream of tartar together. Add the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture. Mix until dough forms. (Don't over-mix).
4) Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 3-4mm (1/8inch) thick. Using the cookie cutter, cut out 32 (or more) cookies. Use the piping nozzle or a small sharp knife to make smaller holes in the centres of half of the cookies.
5) Carefully place the cookies on the prepared baking tray. Any spare dough can either be frozen for later or used to make more cookies.
6) Bake the cookies for approximately 10-13 minutes or until they become golden brown around the edges. Set aside to completely cool.
7) To assemble the cookies, put the frosting in a piping bag and pipe a small amount onto each cookie without a hole.
8) Gently heat the strawberry jam in a pan over a low heat until it's smooth and melts slightly. Put this into the second piping bag. Pipe a small amount of strawberry jam into the centre of each cookie. Top each one with a cookie top (with a hole in its centre) to make your sandwich.
These were so lovely. I had to share it with you all!
Let me know how you like it!
I'm Lola - a hair obsessed doctor who stumbled into running long distances and baking all the cupcakes.
I blog about life, running and of course, hair! I'm an Altra "Team Red" Sponsored Athlete, so I will do the occasional running shoe or gadget review.
For business enquires, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not own the copyright to all the pictures so I will credit the source, where that is the case.