WHAT WORKS FOR ME:
- Coconut oil is my sealant of choice: also helps with detangling
- VO5 conditioner and water = leave-in with slip!
- Aloe vera juice is my best friend for detangling braidouts and twistouts
- Butters (shea, avocado, mango) are great for twistout and braidout definition
- Finally got the hang of finger detangling....it works!
- Working in sections for detangling and styling makes things quicker and less daunting!
- Airdrying is faster with twists in my hair than when braided.
- I can now flat twist (not amazing yet but soon enough)!
- When I start feeling despondent about my hair growth, hide it in kinky twists...I can still style these weekly and enjoy longer hair daily!
- I can seal in moisture in kinky twists using oil sheen!
- Co-washing is wonderful for instant softness and slip!
- Forgeting to take my multivitamins, minerals and other supplements daily
- Rushing through detangling at the beginning of the year....breakage central!
- Doing single braids on wet hair, letting it dry then putting on a half-wig for weeks before taking down and re-braiding. My hair hates being moisturized in single braids and matts up...took 3 days to detangle them!
- Trying to use a comb to detangle when fingers work better.
- Neglecting my staple detangler (Organics Leave-In Mayo) and suffering for it!
What have you learnt in 2010?
5/6/2012 08:47:43 pm
Well needed post, but we are shocked that you do not know about the Take Down Remover cream for taking out braids, weaves, twists or natural dreadlocks easier,faster. It detangles very matted tangled hair easy and safely.
6/16/2012 06:05:01 pm
Thanks for reading and commenting, hon!
10/8/2012 03:45:24 am
I want to share my views about this blog post, it is very informative and inspiring as well. Good Job!
Leave a Reply.
I'm Lola - a hair obsessed doctor who stumbled into running long distances and baking all the cupcakes.
I blog about life, running and of course, hair! I'm an Altra "Team Red" Sponsored Athlete, so I will do the occasional running shoe or gadget review.
For business enquires, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not own the copyright to all the pictures so I will credit the source, where that is the case.