WHAT WORKS FOR ME:
- Coconut oil is my sealant of choice: also helps with detangling
- VO5 conditioner and water = leave-in with slip!
- Aloe vera juice is my best friend for detangling braidouts and twistouts
- Butters (shea, avocado, mango) are great for twistout and braidout definition
- Finally got the hang of finger detangling....it works!
- Working in sections for detangling and styling makes things quicker and less daunting!
- Airdrying is faster with twists in my hair than when braided.
- I can now flat twist (not amazing yet but soon enough)!
- When I start feeling despondent about my hair growth, hide it in kinky twists...I can still style these weekly and enjoy longer hair daily!
- I can seal in moisture in kinky twists using oil sheen!
- Co-washing is wonderful for instant softness and slip!
- Forgeting to take my multivitamins, minerals and other supplements daily
- Rushing through detangling at the beginning of the year....breakage central!
- Doing single braids on wet hair, letting it dry then putting on a half-wig for weeks before taking down and re-braiding. My hair hates being moisturized in single braids and matts up...took 3 days to detangle them!
- Trying to use a comb to detangle when fingers work better.
- Neglecting my staple detangler (Organics Leave-In Mayo) and suffering for it!
What have you learnt in 2010?
Hi, I'm Lola!
A self-confessed hair addict! On here, I share my hair journey and my inspiration.
I' m more than my hair though: I will also share food and body product recipes that I love!
Ps: you'll also find the occasional product review thrown in!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures: I do not own the copyright to all the pictures. Hence, I will credit the source.