WHAT WORKS FOR ME:
- Coconut oil is my sealant of choice: also helps with detangling
- VO5 conditioner and water = leave-in with slip!
- Aloe vera juice is my best friend for detangling braidouts and twistouts
- Butters (shea, avocado, mango) are great for twistout and braidout definition
- Finally got the hang of finger detangling....it works!
- Working in sections for detangling and styling makes things quicker and less daunting!
- Airdrying is faster with twists in my hair than when braided.
- I can now flat twist (not amazing yet but soon enough)!
- When I start feeling despondent about my hair growth, hide it in kinky twists...I can still style these weekly and enjoy longer hair daily!
- I can seal in moisture in kinky twists using oil sheen!
- Co-washing is wonderful for instant softness and slip!
- Forgeting to take my multivitamins, minerals and other supplements daily
- Rushing through detangling at the beginning of the year....breakage central!
- Doing single braids on wet hair, letting it dry then putting on a half-wig for weeks before taking down and re-braiding. My hair hates being moisturized in single braids and matts up...took 3 days to detangle them!
- Trying to use a comb to detangle when fingers work better.
- Neglecting my staple detangler (Organics Leave-In Mayo) and suffering for it!
What have you learnt in 2010?
I'm Lola - a hair obsessed doctor who stumbled into running long distances and baking all the cupcakes.
I blog about life, running and of course, hair! I'm an Altra "Team Red" Sponsored Athlete, so I will do the occasional running shoe or gadget review.
For business enquires, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not own the copyright to all the pictures so I will credit the source, where that is the case.