Recipe of the week | Blueberries
Recipe | Blueberry Cupcakes
I've been gone for a hot minute! Here's a much-enjoyed recipe from the Lola's Forever recipe book of Lola's Cupcakes. Original recipe proportions of sugar and other changes in brackets. I used the cream cheese frosting proportions from the Red Velvet and Carrot cupcakes.
200g Self-raising flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
175g unsalted Butter
180g Soft light brown sugar (recipe: 250g caster/granulated sugar)
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla essence (recipe: vanilla bean paste)
175ml Soured Cream
Cream cheese icing
1 teaspoon Caster/granulated sugar
60g unsalted Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence (recipe: vanilla bean paste)
200g Icing sugar
400g cream cheese (Philadelphia light)
36 fresh blueberries
1) Preheat the oven to 180oC/ Fan 160oC/ Gas Mark 4 and line a muffin
pan with 12 muffin cases.
2) Sift the flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside. Mix the butter
and sugar in a separate bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Scrape
down the sides and mix again.
3) Add the vanilla bean past and mix. Slowly add in the eggs, one at a
4) Add the dry ingredients and mix slowly until combined. Once you have
a smooth batter, add the soured cream - do not over-mix.
5) Using an ice cream scoop, divide the mixture between the muffin cases,
filling to almost 2/3rds full. Gently push four blueberries into the batter
of each cake.
6) Bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, until well-risen and a
skewer insert into the cakes comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to
Cream cheese icing
1) Simmer the blueberries in a saucepan with the caster/granulated sugar
and 1 teaspoon of water for 10 minutes, then blend until smooth. Set
aside to cool.
2) Beat the butter in a bowl until soft and smooth then add vanilla essence
and sift in the icing sugar in 2 batches.
3) Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth and glossy. Do not
over-mix. Add the cooled blueberry puree and slowly combine (you
can leave a small blueberry ripple).
4) Spoon the icing into a piping or pastry bag with a large star nozzle tip
and pipe a swirl onto each cupcake.
5) Alternatively, spread the icing onto each cupcake using a palette knie
or metal spatula
6) Finish each cupcake with 3 blueberries on top.
Enjoy, ladies and gents! I must tell you, the folks at work loved this. The all-pervading blueberry scent as you open the carrying box is amazing! It is creamy but bursting with blueberry tastiness. And the blueberry puree is an idea for a healthier option beside blueberry pancakes (with a dollop of natural yoghurt perhaps?). Let me know how you get on with this one!
5/15/2023 06:08:29 am
Thank God I trusted Doctor Odunga to bring my ex husband back after 4 years of separation. Before I met Doctor Odunga I searched many websites looking for ways to get my ex husband back after leaving me for another woman. I was devastated but Doctor Odunga gave me hope and assurance that he will be brought back to me. After casting the spell, within 24 hours my husband called to tell me that he is coming back home to me and our two kids. The next day he arrived home and I was very happy to meet him again. I am using this means to appreciate Doctor Odunga for what he did for me and also helping serious minded ones who want to get their loved ones back. Contact Doctor Odunga at email@example.com OR Whats-app him at +2348167159012
Leave a Reply.
I'm Lola - a hair obsessed doctor who stumbled into running long distances and baking all the cupcakes.
I blog about life, running and of course, hair! I'm an Altra "Team Red" Sponsored Athlete, so I will do the occasional running shoe or gadget review.
For business enquires, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not own the copyright to all the pictures so I will credit the source, where that is the case.