Recipe | Carrot Cupcakes!
Here is my absolute FAVOURITE carrot cupcake recipe!
I was meant to post this a long time ago but...better late than never!
I have some optional add-ins that up the taste and allow you to reduce the sugar in the recipe. I hope you enjoy this as much as I (and my friends and family) do!
Makes 12 cupcakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
125g Light Muscovado Sugar
2 Large Eggs
75mls Sunflower Oil
200g Self-raising Flour
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ground Mixed Spice
150g Carrots, grated
25g Desiccated Coconuts
Grated zest of 1 Orange
Optional: Add 1 mashed banana to reduce the sugar to 90-100g
Butter cream Frosting
40g Unsalted Butter, softened
75g Icing sugar, sifted.
150g Cream cheese (like Philadelphia - I use the 'Light' variety)
1) Preheat the oven to 180oC/160oC Fan/ Gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
2) Whisk the sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl until well mixed.
3) Sift over the flour and spices before adding the carrots, sultanas, coconut and orange zest. Fold this all together.
3) Spoon this evening into the muffin cases and bake for around 30 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer a wire rack for cooling.
4) For the icing, beat the butter and icing sugar together until soft and creamy. (Add the sugar in spoonfuls). Fold in the cream cheese.
5) Cover the tops of each cupcakes with this using either a piping bag or a palette knife.
There it is! Do let me know what you think of it!
I'm Lola - a hair obsessed doctor who stumbled into running long distances and baking all the cupcakes.
I blog about life, running and of course, hair! I'm an Altra "Team Red" Sponsored Athlete, so I will do the occasional running shoe or gadget review.
For business enquires, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not own the copyright to all the pictures so I will credit the source, where that is the case.