Recipe | Lemon Cheesecakes
After trying out a large cheesecake recipe earlier this week, I searched my shelves for a good cupcake cheesecake recipe (this is from a Women's Weekly Cupcakes compilation book). I used the topping technique from a Mary Berry "American Cheesecake" recipe. I think I prefer the baked cheesecakes...what about you?
100g sweet digestive biscuits
50g butter, melted
2x 250g packets Cream Cheese, softened (I used Philadelphia Light and Lightest!)
2 teaspoons finely grated Lemon rine
1/4 cup (50g) Caster Sugar
4 tbpns of Raspberry jelly
125g fresh Raspberries
1) Pre-heat oven to 150oC/ 130oC fan-assisted. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
2) Blend or process biscuits until fine. Alternately, break up the biscuits in a plastic bag using a rolling pin. Add butter; process or hand mix until just combined. Divide mixture among the cases; press firmly with the back of a metal spoon. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
3) Beat the cheese, rind and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer (or by hand) until smooth. Beat in eggs. Pour mixture into cases.
4) Bake cakes about 25 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
To make the Glaze:
1) In a small saucepan, gently heat the jelly. Place one raspberry on each cupcake.
2) Either brush the melted jelly over the tops of the raspberries and cupcakes or pour a teaspoonful over it.
3) Place in the fridge to set overnight. Serve cold.
These were enjoyed by all (including yours truly!). I better of and grab my second - lol!
Hi, I'm Lola!
A self-confessed hair addict! On here, I share my hair journey and my inspiration.
I' m more than my hair though: I will also share food and body product recipes that I love!
Ps: you'll also find the occasional product review thrown in!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures: I do not own the copyright to all the pictures. Hence, I will credit the source.