Cappucino (Coffee) Cupcakes!
Finally: the Recipe of the Week is here! This is a mix of a cake recipe and another icing recipe from Mary Berry! Enjoy!
100g Butter, softened (unsalted)
90g Light brown sugar
2 Eggs (medium)
100g Self-raising flour
1/2 tspn Baking powder
1 tbspn Instant coffee powder mixed with 2 tspns hot water
30g Walnut pieces
For the icing:
150ml Pouring double cream
1/2 tspn instant coffee with 1 tspn hot water
A little Cocoa powder or drinking chocolate, for dusting
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160oC/ Fan 140oC/ Gas 3. Line 12 muffin holes in
a tray with 12 muffin cases.
2. Mix the butter and sugar together until creamy then add the eggs.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder (in batches) and add the coffee mix
and walnuts. Divide the mixture into the prepared cases and place in
4. Bake for 16 - 18 minures until the cupcakes are well-risen and golden.
The tops of the cupcakes should spring back when lightly preseeed with
5. Allow the cupcakes to cool for a few minutes the place on a wire rack to
6. Whip the double cream until it just holds its shape and then stir in the
dissolved coffee. Gently smooth onto cupcakes using a palette knofe and
dust with sifted cocoa or drinking chocolate. Best eaten fresh but youu
can store it in the fridge if necessary.
Hope you have fun baking this! Let me know how it goes!
Hi, I'm Lola!
A self-confessed hair addict! On here, I share my hair journey and my inspiration.
Oh yeah, I've also picked up a small running habit. No biggie!
Ps: you'll also find the occasional product review and some running posts thrown in!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures: I do not own the copyright to all the pictures. Hence, I will credit the source.