Recipe of the Week | Egg Cups | Healthy Fuel
8 eggs (you could get away with 6 large eggs)
1/2 red onion diced
2 small vine tomatoes diced
Handful of spinach/curly kale - sliced
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180oC or 360oF and line a 12-cup muffin tin with either silicone muffin cases or traditional paper ones.
2) Crack the eggs into a bowl and add your seasonings of choice (I like a bit of dried chilli pepper, oregano and all-purpose seasoning).
3) Mix well with a fork and ladel into the muffin cases using an ice-cream scooper. Fill each only to 2/3rd of the way up (I found 1 and a half scoops did the trick for each).
4) Into each egg cup, sprinkle a few pieces of diced onion and tomatoes and a leaf of spinach or kale. The liquid will rise closer to the top of the muffin cases.
5) Put the tray in the oven for 20 minutes or until they have risen and are lightly browned on top.
I tried these and made a dozen which I have been making myself not eat all at once.
I just had two with a side dish of grilled vegetables and it was delicious!
Let me know what you think when you try this.
Thanks again to Tina Muir of www.tinamuir.com for this recipe!
Later ladies and gents!
I'm Lola - a hair obsessed doctor who stumbled into running long distances and baking all the cupcakes.
I blog about life, running and of course, hair! I'm an Altra "Team Red" Sponsored Athlete, so I will do the occasional running shoe or gadget review.
For business enquires, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I do not own the copyright to all the pictures so I will credit the source, where that is the case.